Friday, October 30, 2009

Some quilting accomplishments......

I have read so many blogs in these past few months and admired the accomplishments of so many that I wanted to share a few of mine with you.  Now, by no means, am I the perfect quilter.  Oh but what a joy it is to pick the fabric, cut the squares, and assemble the blocks.

Here is a quilt I completed last year during one of my quilting group challenges.  It's a Thimbleberries quilt pattern and my Mom saw it on my bed and our conversation went sorta like this --  "Oh Wow! That's really pretty and you did a nice job on it!"  "Gee - thanks Mom, I think it turned out pretty good."   Later on we were talking about the quilts I had under construction for this years Christmas presents and how many I have made for the grandchildren, etc.  She looked at me and said "You've never made me one!"  "Well - I didn't know you wanted me to make  you one.  Hey - would you like that one I have on my bed?"  She said "Oh Yes! that would be so very nice but  you have to put a quilt label on it."  I hadn't done that yet so I did and home with her it went.  Dad said she is so proud of that quilt.  Heck - I thought to myself - I didn't know she wanted one since she herself quilts....  Who would have thought.  Here's a not so good picture of that quilt that found a new home.








Thimbleberries Quilt
 
 This year I joined in again on the same challenge.  Another Thimbleberries quilt pattern called "Safe Haven" was chosen.  It's still a work in progress but here are pictures of the blocks.

Sept Block #7    August Block #4   May Block   April Bloc2    Photobucket    Jan Block    July Block    April Block1    June Block    Photobucket       The Last Block 2009 ThimbleberriesPhotobucket 

Those are all the blocks that go in this quilt.  I have them all put together.  The borders are done and this weekend I intend to put on the binding, and then TA-DA it will be complete.  This will be a Christmas present for a very special someone this year.

I hope you have enjoyed a little of my sharing today.  Stay tuned for other things I have created and/or am working on.

I'm off to visit you know

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment